Optimized Amazon revenues by linking to Snap-Scan
Where exactly should I link to?
Build links in this format:
Looks complex? It's easy to explain:
- [country] indicates the country to which the Amazon ID belongs to. This must be us (USA), ca (Canada), uk (UK), de (Germany) or fr (France).
- [product] is either b for books, e for English books (German and French Amazon server only), f for French books (Canadian Amazon server only), p for popular music, c for classical music, d for DVD, v for VHS, s for Software, g for Videogames or l for Electronics
- [selection] determines how you select the products. It can be one of the following:
- k for keywords: scans for products associated to the keywords. Valid for all types of products.
- t for title: scans for words as part of the title. Valid only for books!
- a for author/artist/actor: scans for the authors name in case of books, for the artists name (singer, conductor, composer) in case of music, and for an actors name in case of DVD or VHS.
- d for director: scans for a directors name. Valid only for DVD or VHS.
- m for manufacturer: scans for a manufacturers name. Valid for Software, Videogames and Electronics.
- c for category: scans in a product category. You can see all valid category names if you click on "Category" in the selection bar and look at the links for the categories.
- [number] is the number of items shown per list (that is in Bestselling, Best Rated, etc). If you leave that out, we will show the top 3 products. [number] must be between 1 and 10.
- [search] are the words to be used to scan for products, for example "Harry Potter", "Elton John", "Mozart" or "Dustin Hoffman".
You may find that some special characters may not work in your links. These characters must be "url-encoded", as it is called in web lingo.
If you don't know how to url-encode, there is a simple trick:
Go to the Snap-Scan homepage, type in the keyword(s) you need, press enter and wait for the result page, and then click on the "Show top 10" link.
Now you see in the address field of your browser the url-encoded keyword.
For example "Harry Potter" becomes "Harry+Potter".
- [AmazonID] is the Associates ID you get from Amazon. For example our own ID is "qsuccess-20"
- Please note, that all of the parameters except [number] are mandatory. If your site is not well suited to recomend products in a specific area, we offer also the possibility to build a generic link in this form:
For this generic link, a somewhat reduced commission share applies. Read more about commissions.
A complete example would look like this:
Click here to see the results of this link.
Copyright © 2003-2018 Q-Success